Saturday, February 7, 2009

Reflecting on Web 2.0 tools...

There are so many applications available out that I find I can spend hours digging through them and trying them out. But in the end only one or two become really useful. I will come back to them later, I have no doubt. This is what happened with Wikispaces. I learned about Wikis awhile ago and only the past few months have I got our class Wiki to a place that it is usable for the students and me.

I came upon one that I think might be good, Class Marker, an online quiz maker. It is free and fairly easy to use but I won't know how useful it is until I have students try it out. Back to setting up user names, passwords and getting them out to the students.

One of the tools I have been using more and more is, Google's Notebook. After I download the Firefox add-on, the Notebook shows up in the lower right corner of my screen, always accessible for me to take notes, add links, pictures, whatever I need. I can also share it with others so we can collaborate on projects.

This past week I've truly tried to find new tools to use but I find myself looking and trying them out and bookmarking them. Maybe a month or two down the road I'll come back to them like I did with the Wiki. There is so much to choose from that it can get to be too much, how to choose, what to choose...

No comments:

Post a Comment