Monday, January 5, 2009

A new semester, a new class...

Second semester-third quarter! I teach sixth grade to a wonderful group of kids and I'm in my 10th year of teaching at the same school.

Along with teaching I am also continuing my own education and am heading into the next two classes for my Ed. Tech. degree, which if all goes as planned I'll have in a year and a half, give or take a few months...

I hope to learn even more about Web 2.0 tools and how to integrate them into the classroom environment. I want to explore all the tools out there but more importantly I want to learn how to evaluate what is really valuable for the classrom.

One of my best discoveries:
This fall I found a teacher in Scotland who uses Web 2.0 tools to connect students from around the world through voice. Each month we have a task to do with our students and then it gets posted on our wiki. Voices of the World has been lots of fun and there are other Alaskan classrooms involved too!

No comments:

Post a Comment